February 23, 2021

Update on Sky 4k and Disney+ on the V6

Last week saw Liberty Global's update on 2020 performance and investor news. Go here for details.

What's depressing is what's missing. There was no mention of SkySports or Sky Cinema 4k services, nor anything about Disney+.  Instead, Liberty Global presentation to investors focused on the the merger with O2, the rollout of Project Lightning and launch of 5G mobile.

That's not to say they're not happening. It could well be that improvements to the TV service just doesn't push the investors' buttons – there's only one line about the rollout of the 360 service  – but it is disappointing.

I wouldn't hold your breath. The easiest way to add the service if your TV isn't Smart enough is to use a NowTV or Amazon HDMI stick. But if you're adding services via a stick you maybe should start questioning why you're shelling out so much for Virgin TV every month. I know I am.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree the tv side off it is shocking we should have Disney plus just seems channels are dispeering and put in its place also I have the 360 box its terrible

Christian said...

Expect 4K movies soon 😜

Christian said...

And entertainment. Like really soon

Litlephil said...

I think it’s not good yes 360 is updated an looks modem good good, but I’m in no rush to update until they sort it they say they can do nightly updates now, so they should it’s not just 4K sky or Disney but discovery + but the things we lost like series link + as now u do it manual 🤷‍♂️ An all4, my5, UKTV play we lost them I can’t see why when they have them on V6 so I don’t get it. I hope virgin looks at our comments as it’s these things that is slowing people downgrading say an also leaving. I will keep V6 until D-day and hopefully updates will be done. Come on virgin don’t ruin it now!