August 19, 2020

Price rise question

When was the last price rise from Virgin Media? I haven’t posted about one since August 2018 but may have missed something last year when this blog went into hibernation. I’m normally the first to complain when they raise prices and it feels like a while. Hope I’m not tempting fate here!
UPDATE Royalbeech added this comment: I just found this email I received from Virgin:
“Let’s get to it: after the last four months, and the uncertainty of what’s ahead, there’s no more business as usual. That’s why we aren’t raising your price this year as we normally would.
“This means the price you pay for your current package right now will stay the same for the rest of 2020. There are no catches, and there’s nothing you need to do. In the meantime, we’ll keep investing in our network and doing all we can to make sure you stay connected."

5 comments:

Nialli said...

Is that because your previous discount expired? I faced a similar August increase but negotiated a lower monthly bill for Ultimate Oomph

Royalbeech said...

I had an email saying they weren't putting the price up until the end of the year, if at all sighting Covid

Royalbeech said...

Just found the email.

Let’s get to it: after the last four months, and the uncertainty of what’s ahead, there’s no more business as usual. That’s why we aren’t raising your price this year as we normally would.

This means the price you pay for your current package right now will stay the same for the rest of 2020.

There are no catches, and there’s nothing you need to do. In the meantime, we’ll keep investing in our network and doing all we can to make sure you stay connected.

Dan Benton said...

While I'm not sure they've put their prices up I've definitely noticed that they've stopped doing as many deals.

To the point that my deal has just ended and all the current "deals" on their site are now more than I am paying right now off of a deal!

Keats said...

They agreed to disconnect me when I contacted disconections.not what I expected after 20 years being customer.