Claimed changes with the October software update:
- Improved 1080i up scaling so improving the picture quality
- HDMI connection reliability fixed
- Info button now provides programme information in guide and mini guide
- SCART aspect ratio corrected
- Express Series Link – You can set your series links in a flash
- Padding – Automatic padding around the start and finish of new recordings and series links (doesn’t change existing series links)
- Multi-tap text entry – You can now search using the number buttons on your remote, just like texting on your mobile phone
- More flexible parental control – If you don’t want to be asked for your PIN when you’re playing a recording from My Shows, you can now switch it off!
- Skippable playlists – Full skipping functionality for Music On Demand playlists will be available
- Live Events – Great news! You can now buy a live event on your TiVo box
- BBC iPlayer – Full integration of all the content from the BBC iPlayer is now available in the TV Guide, the Catch Up & On Demand menus and in TiVo Search and Browse
- PIN access on Apps – You can now control access to Apps and Games
- YouTube app – The YouTube app has been given a whole new look with more videos than ever and now supports HD quality video
- TiVo Buddy App – Just after we launch the new code you’ll be able to download this great new tool from the Apple App Store. If you connect your wireless router to the TiVo box with a cable you’ll be able to control many features from your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.
All sounds legit to me - the phrasing's very Virgin. There's a thread on it on the VM TiVo forum and none of the information is contradicted by VM staff.