June 19, 2016

TiVo Apps - the verdict

I ran a poll on this blog last week regarding the Apps on TiVo and I must say that the results probably aren’t a great surprise. Over half of the 280 respondents said that they never used the Apps, whilst a further third said they used them rarely. In fact, only 6% said they used them regularly, and I’m guessing that would be Netflix, iPlayer or Spotify (the first two might not be considered ‘Apps’ by most as they can be accessed without going into the Applications menus).
Not surprising though, given how shockingly poor the Apps are.

7 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

When are the upgrades being rolled out nationwide does anyone know ?

Nialli said...

They're still testing. As soon as I hear of a timetable for the upgrade I'll post it here.

otter said...

Curzon Home Cinema is the only app I use. It's the only one where it provides something I can't get in a better way somewhere else (eg via Chromecast)

Unknown said...

I am not in the area where they are testing the updates but would like to know a if they are going to be long before being rolled out nationwide and b has anyone seen them to say of they are worth the wait ?

Unknown said...

I am not in the area where they are testing the updates but would like to know a if they are going to be long before being rolled out nationwide and b has anyone seen them to say of they are worth the wait ?

Unknown said...

Netflix app loading time is ridiculous but the app is great when it's loaded.

Youtube suffers long loading time and the app is clunky.