April 09, 2014

Netflix - behind the new interface

I'm currently on a break in Amsterdam and was delighted to find that if can watch the Dutch Netflix selection of TV and movies in my apartment's TV (courtesy of my iPhone and cable). The Dutch selection is missing a fair bit of Brit TV but makes up for that by having full seasons of Lost and Mad Men, plus recent movies including Monsters University and Avengers Assemble. Which look stunning on the 40in Sony I'm viewing them on.
Anyway, whilst I'm away there's still bugger-all news about anything exciting heading our way on VM, so here's something I read a few weeks back about how Netflix tweaked the store interface recently to improve the whole experience: http://gigaom.com/2014/02/24/a-look-behind-the-curtain-how-netflix-redesigned-and-rebuilt-its-television-experience/.

1 comment:

Dannysat said...

I agree about VM. I suppose it was always going to be difficult for them after the frantic activity of last year but watching from afar they seem to have run out of ideas for anything new.

Personally I would like to see a break through on the multi room streaming with some of the impass between the rights holders broken. Maybe get more on Virgin Anywhere, referred to as Virgin Nowhere in other places due to lack of rights to show anything on tablet.