- Revenue up 3.0% to £4.0bn for the year
- Revenue up 2.0% to £1.0bn for the quarter*
- Strong TiVo and superfast broadband growth
- TiVo customer base more than doubled in Q4 with 273,000 net additions
- 435,000 TiVo customers at the year-end; 12% of the TV base
- 56,100 increase in the paying TV base for the quarter
- Strong demand for superfast broadband (30Mb and above) in Q4 with 133,000 customer growth
- Net cable customer additions of 15,000 in Q4
- Cable ARPU, up 0.7% to £47.85 versus a strong comparison quarter
MediaGuardian comment: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/feb/08/virgin-media-posts-first-ever-profit.
Telegraph comment: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/media/9068488/Virgin-Media-deliver-first-annual-profits.html
BBC News comment:
Sky News comment:
...er, can't find it on the Sky News site. But it is really, really cold apparently...
In summary: a better-than-anticipated set of results, resulting in a profit for the first time in the UK cable industry.