July 05, 2010

The VMHD Blog

Summer 2010 may not just be a landmark for Virgin HD services, but it also should see the one millionth page served on this blog. Pretty amazing. Since I launched VMHD in November 2007 there have been 936,837 pages viewed by some 236,323 unique visitors, and with around 2,500 pages served a day, we should make the big 1m by the end of August, maybe even earlier. Currently traffic is growing around 15% every month. I was going to quietly retire when we got the Sky HD channels, but I guess I will keep it going a little longer as it seems as popular as ever.
Thanks everyone - I really appreciate you popping by.

9 comments:

blizard said...

YOUR AWESOME!!!THIS BLOG IS AWESOME

sheepfromek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sheepfromek said...

Your blog seems to be the best one stop shop for info on VMHD, so why would we go elsewhere?

Just a shame that Virgin cant provide the same service themselves with the same enthusiasm.

Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Keep it going niall you are doing a cracking job.

Anonymous said...

This blog is always the one i check first,Please Please dont retire your info is always as ever spot on.Bit of info for you 5HD is due to start broadcasting 13th july on sky channel numb 171,Heres hoping same day on vm

Unknown said...

Please keep going with the blog, it's the best source out there by a mile for VM HD info.

Also, have you thought about setting up a Twitter account to go with the blog?

Nialli said...

@moroboshi I do have a Twitter account but I have only really used it to report breaking HD news: niallivm. News will most likely appear on the blog first though as I'm not much of a Twitter fan.

Big Red said...

Nialli

Keep up the good work - also any chance of starting something around pciture box - I went online and found some movies that I wont mind watching - VM sell for £5 per month not a bad price since there are 28 movies each month.

Want to get people thoughts if any good and worth the money.

Nialli said...

Good idea on covering Picturebox a bit more, but as I don't take the service I am not the best guy to comment upon it (Sky Movies and the odd FilmFlex movie are enough outlay for me).
I've always thought it a useful option for those who want more movies but aren't willing to shell out for the premium movie services, so if anyone uses it and wants to sent me their thoughts I will put a post together from a guest contributor as I'm sure it will be of interest. Any volunteers?