Maybe a top tips post would be good? Then you could take the tips people leave in the post and then make up a top 10/20 section on the home page in an easy to read, easy to find section. This could be updated over time as and when new tips get found out.Which is a mighty fine idea. So please let me know what your top TiVo tips are and I'll compile a list for this blog.
Here are a few of mine to begin with:
- To reboot the TiVo don't yank out the power lead without trying to do a soft reboot on the interface first: Thumb Down - Thumb Up - Play - Play
- To move up and down a list a page at a time, use the Channel Up and Down buttons
- To quickly delete a recording, select and press Clear
- To improve the picture quality of SD channels, ensure that both 720p and 1080i are selected in video out
- If (4) makes your TV judder too much when switching between SD and HD, just select 720p